The 20th Annual Norfolk Latino Music & Food Festival Set for July 24
Presented by Newport News Shipbuilding.
Words and Images courtesy of FestEvents.
The 20th Annual Norfolk Latino Music & Food Festival presented by Newport News Shipbuilding is scheduled for Saturday, July 24, from 5-10pm, at Town Point Park along the Downtown Norfolk Waterfront.
Celebrating its 20th year, the Norfolk Latino Music & Food Festival brings together the best and bright elements of Hampton Roads’ Latino community with authentic cuisine, explosive live music, a wide variety of dance lessons & performances, children’s activities, and much more in a beautiful setting along the Downtown Norfolk Waterfront.
Pablo Antonio y La Firma (Salsa, Merengue & Cumbia), hailing from the Washington, D.C. area, and Kadencia Orchestra (Bomba, Plena & Salsa), from Richmond, headline the musical performances, along with the local DJ Mangu from La Selecta Radio. In addition to the music, festival guests can also enjoy dance lessons and performances from Libra Dance and Mambo Room.
The festival also features a unique dining experience, bringing together the region’s top Latino food vendors to offer a diverse, eclectic menu including empanadas, street tacos, elote, burritos, carnitas, flan, arroz con gandules, pernil, and much more. A complete list of food vendors can be found below.
DJ Mangu (La Selecta Radio DJ) – 5:30pm & 7:30pm
Kadencia Orquestra (Bomba, Plena & Salsa; Richmond, VA) – 6:30pm
Pablo Antonio y La Firma (Salsa, Merengue & Cumbia; Washington, D.C.) – 8:30pm
• Encanto Latin Cuisine (Empanadas, arroz con gandules, pernil, flan & more!)
• Jessy’s Taqueria (Tacos, elote, guacamole, horchata & more!)
• Latin 2 Soul (Quesadillas, tacos, nachos & more!)
• Plaza Del Sol (Street tacos, elote & more!)
• So Frito (Street tacos & more!)
• Latino Festival Bar (Margaritas, sangria & more!)
• Ben & Jerry’s (Ice cream)
• Hawaiian Sno (Shaved ice)
• Pennsylvania Dutch (Funnel cakes, popcorn cotton candy & more!)
ENTERTAINMENT & RETAIL:
• Libra Dance (Dance lessons & performances)
• Mambo Room (Dance lessons & performances)
• Arts & Crafts (Flag-making, face painting, soccer, dominoes & more!)
• Commercial Del Norte (Bracelets, necklaces, jerseys, hats & more!)
• The Baby Alpaca (Ponchos, shawls, scarves, cups & more!)
For more information on upcoming events at both Town Point Park and Ocean View Beach Park, please visit Festevents.org.
Norfolk Festevents, Ltd., based in Norfolk, Virginia, is a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating the most dynamic urban waterfront community in America through innovative programming and imaginative uses of its historic waterfront spaces. Norfolk Festevents has garnered international acclaim for its advocacy for public access to waterfronts, outstanding quality programming and development of public spaces, transforming Norfolk into one of the most progressive, fun, and livable waterfront communities in the country. Residents, workers, and visitors to Norfolk and The 757 are invited to experience all the fun and excitement of the 2021 season!