The 32nd Annual Virginia Children’s Festival Presented by Optima Health
Words and Images courtesy of Festevents.
The 32nd Annual Virginia Children’s Festival, Hampton Roads’ most exciting family festival, will be held Saturday, October 2, 2021, from 10am to 3pm at Town Point Park along the Downtown Norfolk Waterfront.
The Virginia Children’s Festival features a wide variety of interactive experiences for children of all ages, including a plethora of new activations for 2021, such as King BMX shows, the GamerBus, the Newport News Shipbuilding virtual shipbuilding experience, a Pokemon card trading center, live performances from Michael & The Rockness Monsters and WHRO’s Steve Songs and Ms. Martha Reads, a salute to our local “Everyday Heroes” & much more!
WHRO LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION! MAIN STAGE
10:15am – The Hurrah Players present Tamara’s Shiny, Maui’s You’re Welcome & Moana’s How Far I’ll Go
11:00am – NEW! Michael & The Rockness Monsters
12:00pm – NEW! WHRO Public Media presents Steve Songs & Ms. Martha Reads
12:45pm – NEW! Michael & The Rockness Monsters
1:30pm – NEW! WHRO Public Media presents Steve Songs & Ms. Martha Reads
2:30pm – Todd Rosenlieb Dance Performance
READY, SET, GO! MAIN STAGE
10:10am – NEW! Home Grown presents Interactive Exercise Performances
11:00am – BellA Dance Performance
11:40am – Todd Rosenlieb Dance Performance
12:10pm – NEW! Libre Dance Performance
12:40pm – Evelyn Ott School of Dance Performance
1:10pm – Zumba Kids with Tanecia & Tamerah
1:45pm – Jow Ga Kung Fu Chinese Dragon Dance Performance
2:30pm – Jow Ga Kung Fu Chinese Lion Dance Performance
KING BMX STAGE
10:30am, 11:40 & 2:00pm – NEW! Live BMX Stunt Performances by King BMX
• Make your own tiara & enjoy performances with Ballet Virginia International!
• Enjoy dance performances by Evelyn Ott School of Dance!
• Enjoy dance performances by BellA Dance!
• Get moving with Kids Zumba with Tanecia & Tamerah!
• Catch a live performance by Todd Rosenlieb Dance students & learn about adaptive dance!
• Learn about a pirates’ life courtesy of Pirates from the Defiant Crew!
• Learn literacy with the Norfolk Public Library!
• Stop by WHRO Public Media’s PBS Kid’s Village to have fun at their interactive station!
• Enjoy a craft project with the Tidewater Council, Boy Scouts of America!
• Make and take crafts at the Kids Art & Crafts Tent!
• Learn about oriental brush painting with Blue Heron Chapter, Sumi-e Society of America!
• Learn about the traditional Chinese Dragon dance with Jow Ga Kung Fu!
• NEW! Brush up on your martial arts with Ocean Martial Arts!
• NEW! Learn about swordsmanship and enjoy performances by the Tidewater Fencing Club!
• Visit with the Real Fairy Tale Party princesses!
• Explore the world of plants with the Norfolk Botanical Garden!
• Learn about your future as an Old Dominion University Monarch & meet Big Blue!
• Explore the outdoors with the Girl Scouts of the Colonial Coast!
• NEW! Learn all about K-9 operations with the Norfolk Police Department!
• NEW! Learn about new Electric Vehicle technology with Southern Auto Group!
• NEW! Let out your wild side with the Virginia Living Museum!
• Learn about hockey & meet the mascot Salty of the Norfolk Admirals!
• Take a ride on the Teddy Bear Express at the Town Point Train Depot! ($)
• NEW! Take a photo & join us in thanking our frontline workers at the Everyday Hero Salute!
• NEW! Discover new Pokemon and trade for new cards at the Pokemon Card Trading Center!
• Craft away with LemonDrop Makery!
• NEW! Dance and listen to music at the DJ Dance Floor!
• Enjoy story time with REACH!
• Enjoy some lemonade from the Lemonade Stand for Community Betterment!
• NEW! Enjoy live double-dutch jump roping performances & games with Norfolk RPOS!
YELLOW BRICK ROAD
• Learn about how Optima Health can provide healthy lifestyle options for you and your family!
• Brush up on your biofacts & make an inflatable with the Virginia Zoo!
• Bubbles, bubbles, everywhere with the Children’s Museum of Virginia!
TODDLER TOWN presented by ANTHEM
• Toys & tikes galore in a gated area for our younger festival guests!
• NEW! Snap a photo at the Cocomelon Selfie Station!
TOWNEBANK FOUNTAIN PARK
• NEW! Hit the links at the 9-hole Fountain Park Mini Golf Course! ($)
• NEW! Learn about what goes into the creation of a ship with Newport News Shipbuilding!
• View a variety of cool trucks, vehicles & other machinery at the Outdoor Machinery Museum!
• NEW! Play your favorite games on the GamerBus!
• NEW! Meet the Ghost Busters of Virginia!
ROAMING COSTUME CHARACTERS
• Big Blue of the Old Dominion Monarchs
• NEW! Ghost Busters of Virginia
• NEW! Officer Justice
• Pirates from the Defiant Crew
• Salty of the Norfolk Admirals
• NEW! Snow White
• Star Wars Storm Troopers of the 501st Regiment
• Cogan’s (Pizza)
• Deep Fried (Lemonade, Funnel Cakes & Kettle Corn)
• Grace & Sarah (Burgers, Hot Dogs, BBQ, Chicken Tenders, Fries & More)
• Hawaiian Sno (Shaved Ice)
• Spud’s ((Burgers, Hot Dogs, BBQ, Chicken Tenders, Fries & More)
• NEW! Smoothie Stand (All Natural Smoothies)
• Strawberry Street (BBQ, Nachos, Sandwiches, Fries & More)
• NEW! Baby Alpaca (Apparel, Ceramics, Ornaments & More)
• NEW! Mermaidazzle Creations (Mermaid Crowns, Unicorn Crowns & Artwork)
• Usborne Books (Children’s Books)
The 32nd Annual Virginia Children’s Festival presented by Optima Health is produced by Norfolk Festevents in partnership with the City of Norfolk & WHRO Public Media and sponsored by Anthem, Southern Auto Group, Newport News Shipbuilding, the Norfolk Admirals, Old Dominion University, iFly Virginia Beach, WAVY TV 10, 13 News Now, Cricket Wireless, Geico, Waterside District & Virginia Is For Lovers.
Norfolk Festevents is dedicated to providing the safest guest experience and will continue to work closely with the state health department and adheres to the Norfolk Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 guidelines.
For more information on upcoming events at both Town Point Park, go to Festevents.org.
Norfolk Festevents, Ltd., based in Norfolk, Virginia, is a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating the most dynamic urban waterfront community in America through innovative programming and imaginative uses of its historic waterfront spaces. Norfolk Festevents has garnered international acclaim for its advocacy for public access to waterfronts, outstanding quality programming and development of public spaces, transforming Norfolk into one of the most progressive, fun and livable waterfront communities in the country. Residents, workers, and visitors to Norfolk and The 757 are invited to experience all the fun and excitement of the 2021 season!